Brush fire burning near Kaena Point | News
KAENA POINT (HawaiiNewsNow)- Federal fire fighters are assisting multiple companies from the Honolulu Fire Department as they battle a brush fire at Yokohama Bay near Kaena Point on Oahu.
Officials say that as of approximately 11:30 a.m., the fire is not under control and that brisk winds were making it difficult to battle the flames. Yokohama Beach Park is currently closed while firefighters work to extinguish the fire.
The fire started at approximately 3:30 a.m. in the Peacock Flats area. Multiple campers and hunters in the area were asked to leave while fire crews worked to get the flames under control.
The size of the fire has not yet been reported. No homes or building structures are being threatened at this time.
We will have more on this developing story as it becomes available.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May