Overnight stabbing on Pupukea Road in Haleiwa | News
HALEIWA (HawaiiNewsNow)- The Honolulu Police Department has opened two separate assault cases after an incident on Pupukea Road in Haleiwa early Thursday morning.
Emergency medical crews responded to a call from a location near the "One Love Surf Shop" at approximately 2:30 a.m., where they found a 62 year-old man with head injuries.
The man, who was living in his tent behind the property, said that a 42 year-old man begain hitting him on the head with a hard object, causing him to bleed. The older man said he then stabbed his attacker in self-defense.
Emergency responders were able to locate the stabbing victim and transported him to the Queen's Medical Center in serious condition.
The 62-year old man was taken to Kahuku Hospital for treatment.
No arrests have been made.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties