Celebrate Star Wars Reads Day at Six Public Libraries on October 6 | Events
In celebration of the first annual Star Wars Reads Day, six public libraries in Hawaii will present special programs and activities on Saturday, October 6. The public is invited to attend this free event.
Star Wars Reads Day is a national event that celebrates reading and the popular “Star Wars” movie series created by George Lucas. The event was created by Lucasfilm and its publishing partners – Abrams, Chronicle Books, Dark Horse, Del Rey, DK Publishing, Random House Audio, Scholastic, Titan Magazines and Workman. This is the first time a group of publishers have worked together on such a massive event.
The local public libraries will offer free Star Wars-themed items such as coloring pages, trivia handouts, bookmarks, and tattoos; conduct lucky drawings for participants to win Star Wars prizes; meet-and-greet Star Wars costumed characters; and even show Star Wars movies.
Participating public libraries include:
- Aiea Public Library (99-143 Moanalua Rd., phone: 483-7333)
- Aina Haina Public Library (5246 Kalanianaole Hwy., phone: 377-2456)
- Kahuku Public & School Library (56-490 Kamehameha Hwy., phone: 293-8935)
- McCully-Moiliili Public Library (2211 South King St., phone: 973-1099)
- Mililani Public Library (95-450 Makaimoimo Street, phone: 627-7470)
- Princeville Public Library (Kauai – 4343 Emmalani Dr., phone: 826-4310)
This event is suitable for all ages. Please call the hosting libraries for event times and to find out what programs and activities they will be offering. Contact the hosting library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Red Cross Classes for September: Oahu
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Malama Learning Center to host Lauhala Weaving for Beginners workshop
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Kapolei Library Celebrates 10th Anniversary this Saturday, August 23
- Mini-golf charity takes up cause for grief-stricken children in Hawai'i
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Right Sizing Your Life" Seminar
- WEST OAHU STUDENTS RECEIVE $41,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
- Kapolei Shopping Center's free UKULELE JAM features Kuana Torres Kahele and others