Celebrate Star Wars Reads Day at Six Public Libraries on October 6 | Events
In celebration of the first annual Star Wars Reads Day, six public libraries in Hawaii will present special programs and activities on Saturday, October 6. The public is invited to attend this free event.
Star Wars Reads Day is a national event that celebrates reading and the popular “Star Wars” movie series created by George Lucas. The event was created by Lucasfilm and its publishing partners – Abrams, Chronicle Books, Dark Horse, Del Rey, DK Publishing, Random House Audio, Scholastic, Titan Magazines and Workman. This is the first time a group of publishers have worked together on such a massive event.
The local public libraries will offer free Star Wars-themed items such as coloring pages, trivia handouts, bookmarks, and tattoos; conduct lucky drawings for participants to win Star Wars prizes; meet-and-greet Star Wars costumed characters; and even show Star Wars movies.
Participating public libraries include:
- Aiea Public Library (99-143 Moanalua Rd., phone: 483-7333)
- Aina Haina Public Library (5246 Kalanianaole Hwy., phone: 377-2456)
- Kahuku Public & School Library (56-490 Kamehameha Hwy., phone: 293-8935)
- McCully-Moiliili Public Library (2211 South King St., phone: 973-1099)
- Mililani Public Library (95-450 Makaimoimo Street, phone: 627-7470)
- Princeville Public Library (Kauai – 4343 Emmalani Dr., phone: 826-4310)
This event is suitable for all ages. Please call the hosting libraries for event times and to find out what programs and activities they will be offering. Contact the hosting library as soon as possible if a sign language interpreter or other special accommodation is needed.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- CBP's NATO West program helps new recruits transition quickly to career in real estate
- EMS puts four new ambulances into service
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts "Unlocking the Mysteries of Photovoltaic Systems" Seminar
- Kualakai Parkway reopened following oil spill
- Hear Hawaii Health Connector Speaker at Kapolei Library on Feb. 19