Hawaii Swim Presents North Shore Swim Series | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by North Shore Swim Series:
We have been lucky to see the North Shore Swim Series' popularity rise over the past few years to record breaking numbers. We are looking forward to another exciting summer, especially with the 2012 London Olympics coming up and its inclusion of a 10K Open Water Event. Open water swimming is more popular then ever and we at the North Shore Swim Series would love an opportunity to be featured on the Sunrise show to help encourage ocean enthusiasts (both recreational and competitve swimmers alike) to come out and enjoy the fun. The North Shore Swim Series is comprised of four events, each with its own race distance and venue that build upon each other over the course of the summer. After each swim, the atmosphere idefinitely contagious: 800+ people mingling in the finish area swapping stories and having a great time post-race. Feel free to check out our website www.hawaiiswim.com <http://www.hawaiiswim.com> (click on North Shore Swim Series) or drop in on our FB page. Thank you so much for your consideration (and thank you Keahi for the providing the newsroom contact information!) I've attached a photo from last year that captures the magic of what the North Shore Swim Series is all about, as well as the 2012 Press Release. Please let me know if I can provide any more information.
SURF 'N SEA SERIES STARTS JUNE 23, 2012
The Surf 'n Sea Swim Series kicks off Saturday, June 23 with the Aloha Salads Sprint, a 1 mileopen ocean swim from Sunset Beach to Pipeline. The Aloha Salads Sprint is popular with competitiveand recreational swimmers alike for its fast and beautiful course along the coast. Last year'sswim attracted over 800 swimmers, including entrants from the mainland US, Canada, Europe andAustralia.
The Series, now in its 24th year, offers 4 events to choose from, each with its own venue and racedistance. Swims will be held every two weeks, wrapping up in early August.Steve Allnutt and Nicole Hagi won overall series honors in 2011.
ALOHA SALADS SPRINT
DATE: June 23, COURSE: Sunset Beach to Pipeline, DISTANCE: 1 mile
CHOLO'S WAIMEA BAY SWIM
DATE: July 7, COURSE: Waimea Bay, DISTANCE: 1.2 miles
JACO CHUN'S REEF TO WAIMEA BAY SWIM
DATE: July 21, COURSE: Chun's Reef to Waimea Bay, DISTANCE: 1.6 miles
JAMBA JUICE NORTH SHORE CHALLENGE
DATE: August 4, COURSE: Pipeline to Waimea Bay, DISTANCE: 2.3 miles
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: Kapolei Library Scheduled for May 30
- Geobunga to kick off Hawaii State Public Library's keiki summer reading program "Dig Into Reading"
- Special HSPLS Children's Summer Reading Program Kick-off Event at Kapolei Library on May 28
- "What Is Your Home Worth" seminar
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties