Sunset Beach Elementary Students Rewarded with Solar Party by RevoluSun and Kokua Hawaii Foundation | Community Spirit
On May 17, Sunset Beach Elementary School students were rewarded for their outstanding 2011-2012 Kokua Earth Action Projects (KEAP) with a solar party hosted by RevoluSun and Kokua Hawaii Foundation.
KEAP is an environmental service learning initiative by Kokua Hawaii Foundation.
Two Kindergarten classes and a 6th grade class received awards during a presentation for their environmental projects, which were; “Turn It Off” – Energy Conservation Project, “Sun Power” – Solar Power Education, and “Solar Ovens” – Solar Power Education/Cooking. RevoluSun also hosted a lunch for the students and rewarded them with "solar crickets," shirts and more.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May