Waialua High & Intermediate School celebrating 75 anniversary | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Waialua High & Intermediate School:
September 29, 2011 Parade, Bonfire, & Chicken Dinner
The Homecoming Parade begins at 4:30 p.m. starting at Goodale Avenue and Waialua Beach Road. If you know of any former Homecoming Queens, cheerleaders and song leaders that would like to participate in the Homecoming parade, please contact Roland Silva at 808.637.8200.
Chicken Dinners will be available for pick up from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Waialua High & Intermediate School's cafeteria. For those wishing to dine-in, the cafeteria will also be made available from 3:00 pm. Dinner tickets may be purchased for $7 by contacting any of the Waialua High & Intermediate School's office staff at 808.637.8200. Bonfire activities will include the introduction of the Homecoming Court and the '11-'12. Varsity Bulldog Football Team. Festivities will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Toshiyuki Nakasone Athletic Field. Students will be competing for recognition by participating in class performances and competitions.
September 30, 2011 Alumni Reunion & Homecoming Game
The Alumni Reunion will be held at Waialua High & Intermediate School's Cafeteria from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Showcased will be the Taste of Waialua & Haleiwa as we embark on a trip down memory lane when we invite the alumni of Waialua High & Intermediate School and their guests to the Alumni Reception. Let us take you back to your high school years while reconnecting with friends and classmates. Old pictures, past yearbooks, even plantation memorabilia will be on display. Food stations from community-based vendors, both past and present, will be making available all of your favorites. If you or someone you know would like to share with others your treasured souvenirs, please contact Virg Basilio at 808.637.8200. Our Homecoming Football Game will be played against the Nanakuli Hawks with the Varsity game starting at 6:00 p.m .. Please join us as a proud supporter of Bulldog athletics as we cheer on our athletes!
October 1, 2011 Waialua High & Intermediate School's Ho'olaulea
Our celebration will conclude with Waialua High & Intermediate School's Ho'olaulea which will be held at the Toshiyuki Nakasone Athletic Field from 12 noon to 8:00 p.m. There will be food and game booths, inflatable bouncers by, entertainment by students and alumni, and much, much more! Spend the day with family and friends as we celebrate the culmination of everyone's effort to reconnect with friends and classmates by honoring the unique history of Waialua and Haleiwa. If you or someone you know would like to participate or you have any questions, please contact Gwen Lavarias at 808.637.8200.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Red Cross Classes for September: Oahu
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Malama Learning Center to host Lauhala Weaving for Beginners workshop
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Kapolei Library Celebrates 10th Anniversary this Saturday, August 23
- Mini-golf charity takes up cause for grief-stricken children in Hawai'i
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts Free "Right Sizing Your Life" Seminar
- WEST OAHU STUDENTS RECEIVE $41,000 SCHOLARSHIPS
- Kapolei Shopping Center's free UKULELE JAM features Kuana Torres Kahele and others