Waialua High & Intermediate School celebrating 75 anniversary | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Waialua High & Intermediate School:
September 29, 2011 Parade, Bonfire, & Chicken Dinner
The Homecoming Parade begins at 4:30 p.m. starting at Goodale Avenue and Waialua Beach Road. If you know of any former Homecoming Queens, cheerleaders and song leaders that would like to participate in the Homecoming parade, please contact Roland Silva at 808.637.8200.
Chicken Dinners will be available for pick up from 3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Waialua High & Intermediate School's cafeteria. For those wishing to dine-in, the cafeteria will also be made available from 3:00 pm. Dinner tickets may be purchased for $7 by contacting any of the Waialua High & Intermediate School's office staff at 808.637.8200. Bonfire activities will include the introduction of the Homecoming Court and the '11-'12. Varsity Bulldog Football Team. Festivities will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the Toshiyuki Nakasone Athletic Field. Students will be competing for recognition by participating in class performances and competitions.
September 30, 2011 Alumni Reunion & Homecoming Game
The Alumni Reunion will be held at Waialua High & Intermediate School's Cafeteria from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Showcased will be the Taste of Waialua & Haleiwa as we embark on a trip down memory lane when we invite the alumni of Waialua High & Intermediate School and their guests to the Alumni Reception. Let us take you back to your high school years while reconnecting with friends and classmates. Old pictures, past yearbooks, even plantation memorabilia will be on display. Food stations from community-based vendors, both past and present, will be making available all of your favorites. If you or someone you know would like to share with others your treasured souvenirs, please contact Virg Basilio at 808.637.8200. Our Homecoming Football Game will be played against the Nanakuli Hawks with the Varsity game starting at 6:00 p.m .. Please join us as a proud supporter of Bulldog athletics as we cheer on our athletes!
October 1, 2011 Waialua High & Intermediate School's Ho'olaulea
Our celebration will conclude with Waialua High & Intermediate School's Ho'olaulea which will be held at the Toshiyuki Nakasone Athletic Field from 12 noon to 8:00 p.m. There will be food and game booths, inflatable bouncers by, entertainment by students and alumni, and much, much more! Spend the day with family and friends as we celebrate the culmination of everyone's effort to reconnect with friends and classmates by honoring the unique history of Waialua and Haleiwa. If you or someone you know would like to participate or you have any questions, please contact Gwen Lavarias at 808.637.8200.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- CBP's NATO West program helps new recruits transition quickly to career in real estate
- EMS puts four new ambulances into service
- Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties Hosts "Unlocking the Mysteries of Photovoltaic Systems" Seminar
- Kualakai Parkway reopened following oil spill
- Hear Hawaii Health Connector Speaker at Kapolei Library on Feb. 19