Girl Scouts of Hawai'i - aMuse Summer Camp | Arts & Culture
Participate in a seven day sleepover camp at Girl Scouts of Hawai'i's own Camp Paumalu and go on an aMuse journey! There girls will explore the theme of identity and the different roles women play in the world; they'll break down stereotypes and connect with their peers as they discover the beauty of nature and learn the importance of preserving Hawaiiana by constructing eco-friendly crafts, going on hikes, swimming, taking part in a expression oriented workshop faciliated by storyteller and nationally renowned slam poet, Kealoha (www.kealohapoetry.com), plus so much more!
Girls will earn all three awards - Reach Out, Speak Out, and Try Out - from the aMuse journey, Girl Scouts newly debuted curriculum, designed just for girls grades 4-5 to help them become leaders of courage, confidence, and character.
SUNDAY, June 5 at 2:30 p.m. - SATURDAY, June 11, 2011 at 12:30 p.m. (check in begins at 2:15 p.m.)
CAMP PAUMALU, NORTH SHORE, OAHU
Fee: $225 per girl. Fee includes food, lodging, program supplies, and aMuse journey book.
Min/Max: 50/60 participants*
DEADLINE to register: Friday, May 27 by 5:00 p.m.
*if the minimum number of registrants is not met this event will be cancelled
1. All participants must submit a "Health Information for Council Program" form with their confirmation page by the registration deadline.
2. All participants must be registered with GSUSA for the 2010-2011 membership year.
3. To obtain a refund, you must submit a written request no later than two weeks prior to the program. Please note that there will be a two dollar ($2.00) cancellation charge deducted from the amount refunded. Girl Scout membership fees are non-refudable. There are no refunds for "No Shows."
4. GSH is currently seeking adult volunteers to remain at Paumalu for the duration of camp to assist in facilitating the program. If interested please call 808.675.5511.
For more information or to register contact:
Jennifer Gire, email@example.com or 808.675.5511
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Keiki Bicycle Safety Rodeo at Kapolei Library on May 18
- HSPLS Continues Internet PC Reservations Upgrade: 6 Oahu Libraries Start May 13
- Mayor Caldwell announces town hall meeting schedule
- Wahiawa Library Will Offer New Thursday Evening Storytime Starting April 18
- Learn About Medicare Abuse Prevention at Two Oahu Libraries in April and May